My name is Andrew “The Hammer” Colling and I am an 11 year old Expert BMX racer.
I started racing in 2013 after watching the BMX racers in the 2012 Olympics.
This is my third year with McQuaig Racing and I am very proud to be a part of the team.
My favourite thing about BMX racing is that you can race anywhere. My Home Tracks are Kingston BMX (KBMX) and Gananoque BMX, but I have raced all over Ontario, Michigan, New York and Virginia. I look forward to more traveling and visiting new BMX tracks.
Two riders I really admire are the Schaeffer brothers (Jordan and Jacob). Besides having some great skills, they are really fun to hang out with.
Goals for 2017
- Compete in Ontario Provincial Series and earn a #1 Plate
- Achieve top 10 in District Ranking
- Participated in the Kingston Fitness Fights Kids Cancer fundraiser and raised $220.85 towards our team total of 1,489.15
- BMX Canada, Ontario Provincial Series – Finished 2nd place for 11 year old Experts
- Successfully qualified for 52 main events, with 28 1st place finishes
- Achieved top 10 in the KBMX Riders Challenge
- Achieved 1st place in Winter Series for 10 year olds
- BMX Canada, Ontario Provincial Series – Finished 2nd place for 10 year old Experts
- BMX Canada Award top 10% in the District rankings (11th)
- Received Champion award for KBMX and Gan BMX Iron Man Series
- BMX Canada, Canadian Nationals – Finished 12th in CNAG for 10 year old Boys
- Successfully qualified for 62 main events, with 12 1st place finishes
- BMX Canada, Ontario Provincial Series – Finished 2nd place for 9 year old Experts
- BMX Canada Award top 10 rider in the District rankings (10th)
- Received Most Improved Rider Award by my peers from KBMX
- Successfully qualified for 73 main events, with 17 1st place finishes
- Achieved Expert status during the Ottawa Gold Cup Qualifier
- Acquired a cruiser class bike and raced two classes
- Improved District Ranking (2015 = 33, 2016 = 10)
- BMX Canada, Ontario Provincial Series – Finished 4th place for 8 year old Intermediates
- BMX Canada Award top 10% in the District rankings
- 14 District Intermediate 1st place wins
- 3 First place Novice wins at Limestone City Nationals advancing me to the Intermediate level
- Improved District Ranking (2013 = 640, 2014 = 202)
- SSquared Frame
- Answer Carbon Forks and Head
- Fly Bars
- Promax Cranks and Pedals, Brakes
- Excess Wheels and Hubs
- ODI Grips
I would like to thank the following sponsors for their support and to Jamie McQuaig for building my bike.
- Colling Web Design
- SSquared/Answer BMX
- HRP Designs
- VEE Tire Co.